Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Laptop, cellphone and a Cricket Match

I was looking forward for India's tour of England for sometime. And I was mad-as-hell to find the day before the 1st Test Match that the live video streaming is not supported on my new MacBook. This is has been the only time I needed Windows since I bought a MacBook 6 months ago. By the end of the second day's play, I couldn't take it any more and installed Boot Camp and Windows XP on my MacBook and bought the online package for live video streaming for rest of the series. I spent rest of that Friday evening/night trying to connect the Windows XP display on MacBook to the TV through the mini-DVI-to-Video adapter. After couple hours trying various things I found out that this is one of the unsupported features of Boot Camp. So much for "intel-Mac-Windows"!

By the time I went to bed it was 1:30AM and I had to wake up at 6:00AM to watch 3rd day's play. I setup the alarm clock in my cell phone and Motorola being Motorola, not only I had to setup the alarm but also I had to *enable* it! What kind of an Idiot wants to setup the alarm if he had no intention of enabling it? Shouldn't editing the alarm clock mean, set the time and enable the damn thing? Anyways, I setup the alarm but forgot to enable it.

Guess what?! when I opened my eyes next day the clock next to my bed read "5:56". I exactly knew what it meant and what I have to do next. This was right out of sleep! It is like someone inside you waking you up. It's the same thing that happens to me when I wake up just before the alarm goes off if I have to catch a flight or start a trip early in the morning. How come that never happens when I have to go to Work? Everyday I have to drag myself out of the bed at 8:00 AM and then curse rest of the world for me having to wake up that early. It is such a *shitty* feeling.

Once I was up at 5:56AM, I switched on my MacBook. As I start watching the Cricket, I got curious why my cellphone alarm didn't go off at 6:00 and found out that I forgot to *enable* the alarm. I was gald that I made it without the alarm.

You shitt-heads at Motorola are not stopping me from getting up early in the morning to watch Ganguly completely clueless against Anderson.

No comments:

Site Meter