Friday, September 28, 2007

Home! Blue Home!

Years ago when I was in Middle school there was a chapter on Moon Landing in our English (my second language) text book. The chapter had two pictures. First one was of Armstrong standing on the moon surface and the second one the famous "Earth rising" over moon's horizon. I have been fascinated by that picture since then and you can see why.


I found this video from one of the Appolo missions. I think this is taken from Lunar orbiter coming from the "other" side of the moon.

Recently I also found this awesome video taken by Mercury Messenger mission. This is so neat that I thought this must be animation of some sort. But I confirmed this with the movies section of the mission website that is indeed a mission video.


I found this Picture in a post from one of the blogs I always enjoy reading. This is supposed to be the farthest picture taken of earth. This picture of "pale blue dot" is taken by Voyager 1 spacecraft from 4 billion miles away.

No comments:

Site Meter